Aim and Scope: Video Journal of Oncology
World's first series of dedicated video journals. A picture is worth a thousand words and a video is worth? Video journals give you a unique opportunity to showcase your research in a much more visual way and increase impact of your research by including videos of your work as part of your manuscript.
Video Journal of Oncology is an international, peer reviewed, open access journal which accepts for publication, original, unpublished manuscripts on all aspects of oncology and cancer research.
Video Journal of Oncology provides an international forum for the publication of scholarly articles in oncology research including experimental research, cancer epidemiology, clincial and laboratory diagnosis, management and preventation.
The scope of the journal covers all aspects of oncology research, diagnosis and management. Some of the topics covered by Video Journal of Oncology are: etiology, mechanisms, molecular studies, laboratory diagnosis, radiologic imaging, oncologic pathology, medical management including radiotherapy and chemotherapy, surgical management, methods of assessing the results of treatment, supportive care, quality of life, new innovations and discoveries, clinical trials and epidemiology.
Video Journal of Oncology covers cancers occuring in any part of the body including but not limited to breast cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, head and neck cancer, hematologic malignancies, lung cancer, neurocancer, pediatric cancer.
Video Journal of Oncology accepts following types of articles:
- Review Article - An article discussing a single topic in detail.
- Original Article - An article reporting results of clinical, pre-clinical and experimental research including randomized controlled trials, interventional studied, case-control studies, outcome studies, studies of screening and diagnostic test and cost effectiveness analysis.
- Short Report - Report of work on significant novel developments or important preliminary observations.
- Rapid Communication - Articles reporting results of a pilot study or preliminary findings of a study
- Case Series - Report of a series of two to six similar cases
- Case Report - Report of a single case
- Clinical Images - Distinct images from clinical medicine, radiology or oncology, with a short discussion of the case (shorter than a case report)
- Letter to Editors - Brief report of a case, results of a pilot study or comments on articles published in Video Journal of Oncology.
Video Journal of Oncology also publishes announcements giving information about conferences, meetings, seminars, symposia, courses, and other items.
Authors are welcome to submit review articles on topics of current interest and review articles which discuss a single topic in detail. If you have a topic on which you would like to write a review article or need ideas about topics on which we would like to publish, please contact the Managing Editor through the "Contact Us" page accessible from the top menu or left column.
Editorial and Peer Review:
The process of editorial review and peer review followed by Video Journal of Oncology conforms to international standards of peer reviewed scientific journals. All manuscripts submitted to Video Journal of Oncology undergo review by a member of the Editorial Board followed by a double-blind external peer review. Double-blind peer review, in which, neither the authors nor the reviewers know the identity of each other, allows a fair and unbiased assessment of the manuscript. Our review process is fast and "submission to first decision" takes about six weeks.
As in traditional journals, the articles published in Video Journal of Oncology are fully citable. Each article receives a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) which is unique for every article published in the journal and is used for easier referencing and archiving.
Advantages you get on submitting your manuscript to Video Journal of Oncology:
- World's first series of dedicated video journals - A picture is worth a thousand words and a video is worth? Video journals give you a unique opportunity to showcase your research in a much more visual way and increase impact of your research by including videos of your work as part of your manuscript.
- Fast online submission - Fast online submission of your manuscripts. You can submit manuscripts online or send them as email attachments.
- Prompt service - You get a prompt, personalized and courteous service. All your emails and messages will get a response within 24 hours.
- Early decisions - Decision on your manuscripts will be given immediately after editorial and peer review. "Submission to first decision" time is less than six weeks.
- Expert peer reviews - Your article will be peer reviewed by experts in the subject of your manuscript which ensures that we maintain high standards of scientific quality of the articles published in Video Journal of Oncology.
- Immediate publication after final acceptance - Your article will be published as Early View Article immediately after final acceptance and in its final form, in multiple formats, as soon as it is edited for publication in its final form. You do not have to wait anxiously for the next issue of the journal to see your valuable work in printed form.
- No article processing charges - You will pay Article Publication Charges only after your manuscript has been accepted for publication after editorial and peer review. There are no fees for submission or processing of the manuscript.
- Increased impact of your research - Open access model of Video Journal of Oncology makes all articles freely accessible by everyone, anywhere in the world. Full text of your article in HTML format (including the video) and as PDF file is available free online at Video Journal of Oncology website.
- International dissemination - Your article will reach an international audience. Our electronic format enables rapid publication of accepted manuscripts and immediate free access to all the articles. Your published article will sent to registered readers, deposited in open access directories and included in RSS feed of the journal. Links to article will be posted in journal blog, social networking sites and discussion forums.
- Cite your article - Your article published in Video Journal of Oncology will be cited similar to the articles in traditional journal.
- You retain the copyright - You will retain the copyright of your work. You won't have to take permission from publishers to reuse or distribute your own published work, as it happens with other journals.
- Article for your use - As soon as your article is published in the journal, you will receive in your email, a PDF file of your published article and a link to your article on our website.
- Constant contact - You will receive table of contents of Video Journal of Oncology, every month, in your email. We encourage readers to register for the Table of Contents (TOC) notification service for this journal here. When you register for this service you will receive, in your email, the table of contents of Video Journal of Oncology for each new issue of the journal.